Search This Blog

12 November 2015

Tag Heuer - Day 1

Ordering the watch was a little tricky. Every time I went to checkout, it would remove the watch from my cart. It was just minutes after the release, so I assumed the website was having a hard time. Since there were no local shops that were going to carry it, I decided to try one more thing. I created an account first and voila the order went through with no problems. That was Monday.
Tuesday, they inform me it will be delivered by the following morning. It arrived before 10am Wednesday morning.

The packaging was really well done. Not only secure, but even the packing slip was inside a thank you note. There was no instruction manual or anything - but I mean, really, those get out of date as fast as you OTA... And I had two of those right away.

The magnetic charging base is nice, though it is awkward to use since it can't sit flat while charging.

I've had the email address for years so I rather quickly disabled wear notifications from gmail. 

The first time my phone rang, I found myself glance at my watch first. That actually surprised me. I tried answering a call with the watch, but that was pretty pointless since it was still using the speaker and microphone from the phone a few feet away.

It's rather comfortable. I like that Google Fit can be more accurate than before ( didn't always carry my phone while waking around the house, using elliptical, etc ). 

After charging through the night, today was the real test. After about 15 hours it is reporting 8% battery left. That's a far cry from 25 hours. It's a good thing I didn't leave gmail notifications enabled or I might have had to charge it after 5.  I'd say the battery is the only downside so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment