Search This Blog

29 May 2010

Orientation changes

I spent a couple hours today trying to write a tutorial on orientation changes.  It should have been pretty straight-forward, but it never worked as advertised.  Then I came across this quote from here:

The emulator does NOT handle screen orientation changes correctly, AFAIK. The same code that successfully calls onConfigurationChanged() on the Sprint HTC Hero and causes the Activity object to not be regenerated, has a different behavior in the emulator. In the emulator, onConfigurationChanged() is never called, the Activity object is destroyed and recreated on every orientation change, and the display is repainted to the correct orientation only after the first orientation change and is not repainted thereafter. 

 I guess I will try to rewrite this tutorial once I find a way to make that work on the emulator.

No comments:

Post a Comment